Friday 25 November 2011

I knew it was too good to be true...

All was going well, I'd taken the forks off, emptied the old oil, check the spring lengths, I'd got visions of having the front end completed by tonight, all was happy and glorious in Tombo land. Then I gave my dad a torque wrench, with which he unleashed destruction on my happy place.


'Do these have a torque setting' says Dad. 'Why yes' says I, and it was only a low one, so I set the little torque wrench up and handed it to him without further thought while I merrily selected a split pin for the spindle nut.

Then after a few seconds something in the back of my mind wonders why I can still here cranking noises.....
.....ITS ALREADY TI...SNAP!!!

to be fair he never uses the torque wrench, that's usually my job. And the one he was using only gives a slight click. I think he'd already tightened them up enough with the normal wrench and didn't realize that the wrench was telling him straight away that it was tight enough. I just wish I had noticed five seconds earlier!!

Suggestions for getting it out and where to buy a replacement stud on a postcard please to the usual address.

My heart bleeds....

No comments:

Post a Comment