Wednesday 11 January 2012

Clickety click click clickeroo!!

Ive tried just about everything on the head of the engine to figure out whats making the knocking/clicking noise and it comes down to this; the noise does not occur when you remove the large, outer spring from the valve assembly. So this would lead me to conclude that this outer spring is what is making the noise. For those that don't know, there are two springs (one inside the other) on each valve in the cylinder head on an XS 650.


I still can't work out how it is making the noise, it happens when the exhaust valves are closing (ie. springs are expanding). If I cant work it out now then I will just put it back together and run it anyways cos I'm sick of taking the head on and off. Any suggestions/ideas/moral support much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment