Saturday 14 January 2012

El Bandito eh no go-o

Went to pick up the bandit this morning, was really excited as I havent ridden it since march time when i first started stripping it down. Was greeted by the sight of my mechanic buddy running it up the yard to warm it up a bit, got me really giddy! But then he explained that unfortunately its only firing on three cylinders and wont run right :-(

Anyways, after several minutes of hearty spanner-chat, we realised that the pilot jet that he had used to replace a broken one was completely different to the rest, and also that the pilot jets that I had used from my 'carb rebuild kits' had come from america...so all round they were probably completely wrong!

So plan of action is to just buy new jets for all the carbs and put it straight. Oh, and I also need to buy a new starter motor as mine is lazy/sticking.....and the battery is knackered so I need a new one of them too.......and it was blowing a bit of blue smoke so will probably need a top end rebuild at some point.......seems like Ruby aint finished with my wallet yet!!


One day baby.....one day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment