Monday 22 October 2012

Bits and Bobs

At the weekend I carried on with rubber mounting the tank to the frame. Its a real bugger trying to figure out where exactly things are supposed to fit, so a lot of time was consumed just looking and taping things in place and marking things out with the sharpie.

But eventually I had to commit so I took my best guess and tacked the cups in place.


Then there was some very awkward sharpie action to locate where the rubbers need to sit on the tank


....and from this I could work out where the bungs need to go...


Once I'd tacked these in place I stuck the rubbers on (once it had cooled down) and tried it...
 



I am really pleased with the fit. Its very tight, but once its on its very snug and doesn't budge. Also I've miraculously managed to line it up well enough so it doesn't clash with the frame anywhere. I might be able to improve the fit by trimming the bungs and rubbers down a bit, but I'd rather it be a bit tight than too slack.


 Next I need to mount the rear. I have spent quite a while cleaning up the frame in various places also, especially round the back of the tank where the hard tail meets the original down tube. Still plenty of work to be done!!



No comments:

Post a Comment