Sunday 11 November 2012

This and that..

Been fairly quiet on the bike front these last two weeks - mainly due to the installation of a lathe.


Boom! And its worked out pretty level so Im happy!

Anyways, I put the back end of the bike together and it looks like my stock rear axle/spacers etc will work just fine with the TC bro's hardtail. But just to be sure the alignment was correct I put the engine in and zip-tied the chain in place to check. Im happy with the result.

 
Also I spent a few hours dabbling with this old BSA-style headlight that TC gave me to try. I was looking for something with a bottom mount but have been struggling to find something that I like the look of and is the right size so I'm going to use this for now, as I think it fits quite well.
 I was trying to stick to the mantra of 'keep it simple' so thought the best thing to do would be to mount it using the stock bits and pieces.


Unfortunately the stock light is huuuge so the mounts wouldnt do. But as the sleeves fit so snug and I could see a better way of doing it, I decided to cut the old supports off the sleeves and weld some more suitable brackets on.

 So in the effort to 'keep it simple' I cut a few quick brackets out of 1.5mm steel to roughly the kind of dimensions that Im after.



Looks pretty horrid, but they have pointed me in the right direction. Going to re-make them out of 3mm with a slightly prettier design...

Not alot to report I know. But a little progress none the less!!

No comments:

Post a Comment