Wednesday 14 November 2012

Today's nail.

One nail every day, or some days at least...

Worked on a few bits and bobs to tonight. Turned up some lugs for the seat mounting and started fiddling around with the seat position, stuck the springs on the seat to help with this.

Then decided that I needed to get the mudguard in place before I could sort the seat out, but the mudguard radius is a bit too big, so I used a technique that I had read in Dice mag (I think) which basically involves using three bits of wood to pry the sides of the mudguard open and reduce the overall radius.

It worked! Though I was very concerned that I would end up distorting the shape of it if I pushed it too far so I got as close as I dared. Taped a hose onto the centre of the tyre for spacing and pushed the rear wheel as far forward as possible.

So now I can see where abouts I want the seat, hopefully I can concentrate on getting it mounted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment