Monday 10 December 2012

Rear fender

Spent a long afternoon in the shed, but didn't feel like I got much done tbh!

The cross rail that supports the seat is just tacked in place on the TC bros hard tail, so I cut it off and tacked it in the correct position.

Then I spent a long time thinking about how I'm going to mount the rear mudguard. Some tea was drunk and several coats of thinking applied. Decided to mount the bottom of it first so cleaned off the tab that was originally on the mudguard.

I'm going to fit some bungs into the lower frame rail that I can mount a bracket off that fits to the fender. So I turned up some 15mm bungs and tapped through 8mm. I then marked the hole locations on the frame and cut the cross bar out (as it was also tacked in). I'll probably put it back in the same location, but it will be a lot easier to drill off the bike.

Really don't feel like I got much done for the amount if time I spent in there, but so much of it is just looking and figuring shit out!




No comments:

Post a Comment