Sunday 30 December 2012

Shed day

Great day in the shed! Started off slowly, making a matching strut for the other side of the fender.

Then came the tricky job of holding them in place while I tacked the struts to the end washers.

Took them off the bike for welding up and spent a long time cleaning them up with the dremel. I've recently squired some little tungsten carbide grinding tips that are brilliant for cleaning up welds.

Really pleased with the result. There is a bit of flex in the fender, but overall it feels nice and sturdy, so I won't worry about a third mount for now.

After that I wanted to do something different so I started turning up some lugs to support the seat springs.

I drilled a recess into the underside of it so I could fit a bolt through for fixing the springs onto

Tried it on the bike and I'm happy with the result. As per usual tho, I've only made one and it will take me about 2 hours to make a matching one for the other side haha!















No comments:

Post a Comment