Wednesday 2 January 2013

More seat mounting action

Bit further with the seat mounts. I made a plate with the right hole spacing for the seat position and used it to hold the bolts in the lugs while I welded them in.

Then I positioned the lugs on the frame and spent a while lining things up and making it all level, which seems to be a big part of bike building!

Then once I got them tacked in place on the bike I took the whole cross bar off and welded them up

I recently got a DVD from lowbrow customs about TIG welding specifically aimed at bikes, and even though I haven't watched it all the way through (I was napping!) it has already helped me with my welding. For a start I had the amps way way too low, and just simple things like cleaning the tungsten tip up correctly seem to have helped a lot. I highly recommend it!









No comments:

Post a Comment