Sunday 27 January 2013

Rear brake linkage

Made good progress on the rear brake setup today. Measured the pivot tube on the stock frame and turned up a piece to match

The next challenge was mounting it on the frame. I was going to make another little tube to sit underneath the one I've just made, but my dad came up with the brilliant idea of just mounting it in a plate. So I chopped one out of 10mm

Beauty of this was that I could mount the plate centrally on the frame rail and then very easily offset the pivot tube to put the brake lever in the right place. Not to mention the fact that it was a lot easier to make than what I had in mind!!

There was the usual dose of lining it up and finding ever more elaborate ways to get a spirit level on it.

Just got it tacked on for now, I'm a little concerned about how it will effect getting the engine in and out but looking at what other people have done I think I'll get away with it.

I also started on the torque arm for the rear brake. Drilled a hole in the frame and made a bung to sit in it. Tapped M10.

Tacked in the frame. There's an ever growing list of things just tacked onto the frame, I can see many an hour is going to be spent finishing all these jobs on the frame!!















No comments:

Post a Comment