Tuesday 22 January 2013

Foot peg mounts

Foot pegs. Spent a good while at work trauling xs650.com for decent examples of mid-controls. Then I abused the colour ink in the printer and pinned them up in my shed to help me figure out what I'm aiming for.

I had already cut down the cast piece off the original peg mounts, borrowing an idea from others, and planned on mounting this from the stock exhaust mounts on the frame. By now your probably thinking that I'm running low on cardboard - you'd be wrong!!!

Cut and drilled two matching plates out of 5mm sheet.

Then I bolted it all together on the bike. My main concern was the pegs clashing with the kickstart, so I double checked clearance and just tacked the bits together on the right hand side.

Taking it all off the bike, I bolted the bits together so I could line the left side to match the right, and tack it in place. Then I welded them both up

You can see that the plates overlap too much on the top edge, stopping me from finishing the welding. So I trimmed them down a bit and welded up the last part

Hopefully they should do the trick!













No comments:

Post a Comment