Monday 7 January 2013

Engine top mount

Got the cross bar in place for the seat mounts and tacked it in position (with enough strength so I could sit on it and brum!)

I need to make a new top engine mount as the triumph tank fits really close to the frame.

If I could I would stick with the stock ones for now if I could to save some time, but space doesn't allow unfortunately, so they will be up for sale! Anyways I'm making the brackets out of 3mm steel plate but started off as I always do with a friendly neighbourhood cardboard template.

I cut the bits on and tried them in place but unfortunately I was trying to twist the central piece in three planes so it didn't really work as well as I thought it would.

Doesn't look that bad on the pic but I wasn't happy! So I made a new bit of cardboard and remade the top bits.

Got them just resting in place on the bike for now. Much better, I will weld them up next time















No comments:

Post a Comment