Sunday 20 January 2013

Speedo mount

Ok so while u was in that area I thought I'd mount the speedo. I started off by trimming the top yoke down.

TC had kindly donated a little old speedo for me to play with, so I made a cardboard template template to get me started as per...

Skipping over a lot of cutting and flapping and looking I ended up with this squiggly 3mm thick bracket

Now I know you lot will be pointing out the massive weak point in the middle of the bracket, so I may have to upgrade things to 5mm in the future, but it will do for now. The fixing points on the speedo were knackered so I welded some new ones on

Pleased with the result. Next I indulged mylsef to a little mockup session. Basically I bolted on everything I've got so far..

The next job is tackling the space between the engine and the rear fender. Battery box, electric box, pegs and brake linkage, chain tensioner. I know roughly where the pegs are going to go. So I think next thing to do is to finalise those and sort out the rear brake connection.
























No comments:

Post a Comment