Sunday 13 January 2013

Headlight mounts

Been working on the headlight mount this weekend. I'd made some rough bits out of thin sheet ages a go, so I took the measurements off them for the overall layout and decided to have a play with the design.

To start with I made some lugs out of 5mm plate, I wanted a layered effect so I made another set of mounts out of 3mm plate.

Didn't take much heat as they were so close together, hardly had to add any filler rod. Then I used the angle grinder to split a 10mm bar down the middle. I wasn't sure if it was going to work but it turned out better than expected. So I welded them on too.

Then tonight I spent ages with the tungsten grinding tips in my trusty dremel cleaning the welds up before finishing them with a quick flick of the flapper disk.

Next job is to fix them to the bike!!











No comments:

Post a Comment