Tuesday 29 October 2013

Return of the Bandit

Fancied a little change of pace. The fuel tank on the chopper is off at the minute and is undergoing some repairs/modifications so I thought I'd have a go with the bandit.


Its sat un-used all year, so first thing was to try and get it running. Its got a Motobatt in it and I was once again amazed at the quality of those things. It still had enough charge to keep turning the bike over for several minutes!! Anyways, after a bit of fiddling (and remembering to use the choke!) it fired into life :)

Next thing to fix was the tank. I bought the tank that you see in the picture above as the original one that I had re-painted was leaking. So ages ago I welded up the original tank and re-painted it. I checked that it didn't leak anymore and swapped the tanks over.


A long time ago I bought a set of red decals for the bike, and so I stuck a big Suzuki 'S' on it.

Back on the bike:



Sorry about the picture quality! Im also thinking of adding another decal to the rear of the tail section. Probably just the stock 'Bandit N600' logo.

Only other thing to fix on this bike is one of the front brake calipers. It passed its MOT last time, but if you squeeze really hard then you can force some brake fluid out past the piston. I gave all of the calipers a re-build with new pistons and seals. So hopefully I just need to re-seat the piston in the seals and all will be fine... (fingers crossed!)


No comments:

Post a Comment