Monday 18 November 2013

Bandit Headlight

So I snatched up a generic headlight off the 'bay for the bandit. I felt like the original light dated the bike quite a lot and so changing this up would keep people guessing more about its actual age.

The stock light:



Unfortunately the bandit uses the headlight as a sort of wiring loom storage position.


So there is a lot to get rid of! Fortunately I can re-position alot of it behind the headstock, in the space above the engine/below the fuel tank.

Also the new light was a similar width to the original one, so I could use the same mounting brackets.



I'm pleased with how it looks, I was worried that the speedo/tacho wouldn't look right but actually they fit quite well. I still need to figure out the headlight/full beam wiring up and also i need to extend some wires from the new loom position to reach the headlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment