Friday 3 January 2014

Battery box lid

Ive been making a lid for the battery box. If you remember I had made a shell for it to sit in but the top of the battery was still exposed. As a bit of a last minute rush-job, my dad covered some cardboard in black tape and we strapped it over the batter to act as a lid.



So I thought it time to make something a bit more finished. I used some 1.5mm sheet to make a lid that had enough clearance for insulation.

Im skipping a bit here but welded and flapper disc'd up;



I have a thin sheet of rubber that I picked up at a show and cut some for the inside;



Obviously as the contacts are on the top of the battery, we dont want it shorting with the box!

I left some extra little flaps of rubber for weather protection;



Just need to figure something out with the connections now, as I cant fit them to the battery as I did previously lol! Need to screw in some sort of extension so that I can fasten the cables securely.

No comments:

Post a Comment