Monday 2 February 2015

She lives...

So, long story short it turns out that the thing stopping my bike sparking was....

...the kill switch.

I basically replaced all of the Boyer ignition system (pickup, coil, HD leads, caps, plugs, brain box, etc) and still had the same problem. So I was very frustrated and I checked for continuity along all of the wiring to make sure there were no faulty connections. I also added a proper engine earth after reading something in a magazine about it.

Still no answer... then after studying the wiring diagram for a while I realised that the only thing I hadnt replaced or checked in the ignition circuit was the kill switch. A quick short circuit later and the bike was running again  :D

I never use the kill switch so I've just bypassed it. The little bastard can fuck off and die!

Hearing the bike running again made me smile though, and I really wanted to go for a ride! Bring on spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment