Thursday 8 October 2015

Electrics Hassle Over!

Can't believe its been so long since I posted...

So the brief version is... I eventually got the magneto connected up, and it works great :) Its basically a one kick bike now, apart from when its been stood a long time when it takes 2 kicks... brilliant!

However I was still having electrical issues... batteries would just go dead on the bike, and not charge - very annoying! So basically I had a great running bike with no lights...

I have stripped just about everything back off the electrics on this bike - the ignition, the starter motor, kill switch, etc. So the only think left to replace was the Reg/Rec.

I found a five wire, three phase, 200W plus one from Rex's Speed Shop.

http://www.rexs-speedshop.com/

It also I suggested a battery eliminator, so I thought - why not?! Anyways, when the bits came I got to stripping out the old reg rec and I found this...



OH DEAR!!

So I replaced the reg rec, swapped the battery for the eliminator (which is basically a large capacitor), and fired the bike up. I instantly had bright gleaming lights ;D ;D ;D

Chuffed to bits, I couldnt believe how easy it was to fit the new parts, and not only that the new reg rec was identical size to the old one, so I didnt have to modify anything...!

And since I have removed the battery, the bike is lighter, and I can use the box to hide some tools  ;D ;D

Something went well for once...!!! Should have done this years ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment