Thursday 20 March 2014

Blasting back

Picked up my parts from my uncle who works at Broadblast in Sheffield. They typically do more industrial type stuff, but throw in the occasional bike frame for good measure. I got him to undercoat the frame, fender, and electrics box.


He used some serious North Sea oil rig 25yr guarantee primer so it will never rust haha! Also blasted up the other bits and bobs;



So now I can sort things for Chrome plating. But first I want to blast the engine. My plan is to basically blast it as a complete unit, so I have been bunging up all the holes etc.



I want to do it myself so I can be a bit more careful with where Im pointing the blaster, so I added this little beaut to the shed;



Its just a DIY 10 gallon tank that you can pick up off ebay, also bought a bag of glass bead that will hopefully give me a good finish! Just need to test it on some scrap now and see what kind of finish I can achieve...


2 comments:

  1. Are you making some sort of cabinet then? Otherwise you'll have glass beads everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to blast outside... the world is my cabinet!!

      Delete