Monday 24 March 2014

Blasting testing

So, I had a go blasting the engine outside, and just like I had been told, I blasted through a whole 25kg bag of glass bead in no time!

I sat the engine on a bike lift, and put the whole lot on a big sheet of plastic with a very crude wooden fence around. This allowed me to recycle some of the sand, but then I kept blocking up with large lumps and rain soon ended play altogether.

Even so, when the things was working properly I was getting good results! Only managed the head and a few fins, but I'm pleased with the results.









So... next task is to build some sort of cabinet that will allow me to recycle all of the glass beads. Also I'm thinking of a gauze type filter to remove large bits of dirt etc...

It was a bit of an experiment, so I'm not surprised by the results. Got a good finish, but needs a bit more preparation for actually using the blaster.

2 comments: