Sunday 21 April 2013

Front brake stay

Been chipping away at the bike this week, I was going to mount the electrics box, but Holme Valley Customs literally sold out of threaded bungs on the night I needed some!! Anyways, got some more on order...

So, I looked at what else needed doing and messed with a few bits. The top engine mount was a tight fit, and the bolts clashed with the tank a bit, making it an awkward fit, so I messed with that and got it fitting better.

Then I decided to make a front brake torque arm similar to the rear one. I turned up a couple of lugs on the lathe and shaped some 15mm bar.

Tacked it together on the bike and welded up

I've been thinking recently more about all the other bits and bobs I need for this bike to function, so I attached the speedo cable and brake cable.

Obviously with no front mudguard there is nothing to fix the cables to and so they looked pretty lose and exposed. As a sort of half arsed fix I twisted a bit of wire and fixed it to the bottom yoke in an attempt to restrain them a bit.










No comments:

Post a Comment