Monday 29 April 2013

Sidestand

Right, I've been pretty busy recently so shed time had literally been sneaky hours here and there this week. I made a start on the exhausts last weekend, but as TC wisely pointed out, I should probably make sure everything else is in place that could possibly clash with the pipes.

As I plan on running my pipes under the bike, that isn't much but I needed to consider the sidestand. I'd saved the original mount, and was hoping to just weld that straight on, but obviously it's not that simple. Using the original mount would intrude heavily into where I wanted my pipes to run so after much faffing and swearing I decided to make my own mount that could fit more on the outside of the frame.





I copied the stock mount and tacked it onto the bike





That's as far as I got tonight, I made few delicate attempts to see if it was on in the right place, but obviously couldn't lose the full weight of the bike on it until its welded up. Any fine tuning I will make by modifying the stand itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment