Friday 21 June 2013

Boyer Bransden

Last night I mounted the reg/rec under my fake oil tank. You cant really see it from this picture but I made a couple of little tapped spacers so that the unit doesn't sit flush with the tank, but rather has a little air gap under it.



Then I drilled a hole at the front edge of the tank, so that I can pass wires through. Didnt want to make it too big but had to be at least 1" for the plastic connector off the reg/rec to fit through. Rubber grommet forced in....



Then I started installing a Boyer Bransden ignition system. The magnetic rotor fits through the camshaft and clamps with a long M8 rod to the other side. But unfortunately the unit wasnt a snug fit with the hole through my camshaft (I think its designed for earlier models?) so I had to make a couple of bungs to take up the slack.







This slowed down play quite alot and I got the call that tea was on the table... so I didnt get much further than loosely installing the pickup plate. Next I need to move the bottom end to the 'advance timing' mark and then use this to set the rotor in sync with the pickup.



Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment