Thursday 20 June 2013

PMA and TDC

I picked up a new nut and borrowed a thread file from work. I have never seen one of these things before, its brilliant!! I must add one to my toolbox...

Anyways this allowed me to clean up the thread and get the crank nut on so i could finish installing the PMA. I'd also borrowed a rotor puller from TC as the one that came in the kit doesnt fit...



Boom! got the bastard off



Then to install the new kit;





I wasn't convinced with the method in the instructions for transferring the timing marks - basically it told you to set the engine to TDC before you strip it down, and then somehow keep it in that position while you strip it and then install all the new bits. Fairly impossible not to move the crank at some point if you ask me, so I decided to find TDC myself using a piston stop and a timing wheel. I'd read how to do this on Hughs hand built...

HHB - TDC and how to find it



So now I could put the cover back on and mark TDC with (hopefully) a bit more accuracy...

Next I'm going to install the Boyer and keep pushing towards wiring the engine for starting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment