Sunday 2 June 2013

Exhausts and fake oil tanks

Alright, been away getting wet in Europe for a few weeks so finally back in the shed!! I welded the exhausts up and attempted to mount them on the frame... 



I decided to use some genuine Holme Valley Customs frame bungs ;) and create a couple of fixing points near the end of the pipes.



That's great but then I realised that I had put the fixing points in a position that meant I couldn't get the pipes on and off.... Doh!!

So I fell out with that for a bit, meanwhile I finished off welding up and mounting the electrics box. I used some more frame bungs and a couple of laser cut tabs (also available at HVC!!).







I decided that three fixing points was sufficient..





On the bike;





So next job is to revisit the exhaust mounts...

No comments:

Post a Comment