Friday 19 July 2013

Getting there...

Was hoping to go for a spin last night but there are too many jobs that needed sorting out. Honestly, this last stage off finishing all the little niggling issues is the hardest and most time consuming!!

So last night I wanted to balance the carbs, but one of the carbs started leaking fuel though the air filter, so first I took them off, stripped them down and gave them a good blast with carb cleaner. Then I managed to put it back together and run it so I could balance the carbs.

The side light/headlight/full beam had given up completely. So I took the bulbs out and both were knackered. My own fault really - I had used a 15A fuse on the lighting circuit because I had run out of 10A ones! So after a bit of searching I borrowed one off the car, and replaced the bulbs - sorted.

While the bike was running, there was this loud rattling noise and it turned out that the welding on one of the fender struts had broken!





So that had to be cleaned up and welded too. I also tried to tidy up the components inside my electrics box as upto now everthing was just rattling round in there. Sort of tried to line it with some bubble wrap, and decided to mount the fuse box on the inside of the lid (which I wish i had made bigger!).

Still several things to sort but it can go back together now. Need to modify the kickstand, swap the ugly yellow number plate with a black one, replace the clutch rod seal.......

No comments:

Post a Comment