Tuesday 9 July 2013

Painting...

I wasn't interested in painting anything until I got it on the road, but somehow my dad has convinced me that I need to cover up the 'bare metal' to stop it going rusty, and cover up some of the ugly bits!

So, the plan was to just get some rattle cans from Halfords and do a quick once over, but of course you don't want it to look complete shite... so we have ended up spending more time than I wanted to on painting things up. But at least it should look a bit more presentable..





Frame actually looks a lot better than I thought it would! I guess you just get used to seeing bare metal, welds and the remains of the stock black finish all over the place. One colour is a big improvement!

So after spending a small fortune in Halfords I just did everything black, with the exeption of the tank that Im going to throw some proper 90's vaxhaul red onto! Just couldnt face a completely black bike, had to brake it up with something.

Hot weather has been ideal for painting and things are drying up fast so going to start gingerly putting it back together tonight - MOT booked for Monday!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck mate! You going to the Hayride on it?

    Cheers - Shirty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the plan! If I can pull my finger out and get it on the road!!

    ReplyDelete